What I’m listening to: All At Once by The Airborne Toxic Event
I know the last thing on your mind right now is your business. I get it. It’s not exactly top of mind for me, either.
But hear me out. Today is a great day to do one thing for your freelance writing business that will keep you on track, even with the holidays right on top of us.
So let’s do this. I promise, it won’t be hard. In fact, it might be the easiest thing you do for your business all year.
December 23: Leave Behind a T0-Do List
This is one of my favorite methods of staying focused not just before I head out on holiday, but when I get back and have to start thinking all that business-y stuff again.
Right now, before the day escapes you and the holiday envelopes you, jot down a quick list.
- Open your calendar.
- Select Monday, December 26th (or whatever day you’re returning to work).
- Create a new appointment (any time works — I usually opt for 9 am).
- Name it “To do” (or whatever works for you)
- In the body, make a bulleted list of things you have to do when you get back. Mine says “Follow up on Henry’s project; Send invoice to Dave; Send Morgan a pitch…” Whatever you want to do/need to do that first day back, list it.
- Double check to make sure you’ve included everything you need to.
That’s right — you just made a list and checked it twice.
How seasonally appropriate are you?